Calderbrook Woodworking Machinery LTD-General Terms and Conditions
!!! Due to the current problems in the supply chain delivery times are subject to constant change as are prices. Delivery times, prices and specifications are constantly changing please contact us prior to ordering to get up to date information. All delivery times given are approximate and exclude holidays!!!
- Acceptance of Orders: All contracts of sale made by Calderbrook Woodworking Machinery Ltd (“The Company”) shall be deemed to incorporate these terms & conditions which shall prevail over any other document or communication from the party with whom the company is dealing (“The Customer”) All orders are accepted fulfilled subject to these conditions under English law unless otherwise agreed in writing. In these conditions “we”, “us” & “our” refer to the Company. You can write to us at Unit 7 Newline Industrial Estate, Bacup OL13 9RW or send e-mail to email@example.com. These are also the address’ to write to if you have any complaints. “You” and “Your” refers to the customer who places an order with us. We reserve the right to not accept any order. Once your order is accepted by us, a contract will come into force, on the terms & conditions set out here.
- Price: All prices are ex works and exclude VAT or any taxes. Customers will be invoiced for delivery at the current rate. Maintenance of prices is not guaranteed & they are subject to alteration without notice. Every effort is made to ensure that prices and descriptions are accurate at the time of going to press/on website. If an error is found or if manufacturer’s prices or products change, we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of cancelling your order or reconfirming your order with the revised price or product. We are under no obligation to provide goods to you at an incorrect (lower) price if the error is obvious and could reasonably have been recognised to you as a pricing error.
- Invoices: Goods are invoiced at the prices ruling at the time of dispatch. VAT where applicable will be applied to all goods or services supplied at the rate in force at the time of the invoice. a) Whilst every effort will be made to dispatch the goods on time, no liability can be accepted by the Company for failure to deliver goods in the specified time. All delivery times quoted are business estimates only and form no part of any contractual obligation. b) The Company will accept no liability for shortages, damage, or non delivery of goods, unless the Customer notifies the Company in writing within three days of receipt of goods or invoice. c) The Company’s liability for the safety of the goods ceases upon the Company placing the goods under the control & direction of the carrier.
- Payment: All goods must be paid for in full prior to despatch or paid in full within 28 days from invoice date for authorised credit account holders. Any payments that are overdue will bear interest at the rate of 8% per annum above the base rate of RBS Bank plc from the date that payment was due until the date of actual payment.
- Title: Ownership of the goods shall remain with the Company until payment in full has been received. Until such payment has been made, the Company may at any time (and without prejudice to any of its other rights) recover or resell the goods or any part of them and may enter the Customer’s premises for this purpose. If you sell the goods you agree to hold the sale proceeds upon trust for us until you have paid us for them in full.
- Specifications: Technical data, dimensions & weights etc., quoted are a quick guide only and no guarantee is given or implied that the goods will conform in absolute detail to the descriptions & illustrations. The Company reserves the right to amend specifications & to withdraw goods from sale without prior notice.
- Suitability: Other than expressly stated in the catalogue or manufacturer’s brochures, the Company makes no representations as to the fitness or suitability of any goods for any purpose whatsoever.
- Liability: The Company shall under no circumstances whatsoever be liable for any indirect or consequential loss however caused. The Company’s liability for any non-performance of any order shall be limited to the value of the goods to which the claim relates.
- Claims: Non-delivery or damage must be notified to the Company in writing within three days. Inspection of goods on delivery prior to signing acceptance is essential. Carrier’s notes for delivery of goods must be endorsed accordingly. Note: Failure to observe the proper claims’ procedure will invalidate the Company’s contractual liability under these conditions of sale.
- Returns: Undamaged, unopened and fully marketable goods may be returned by prior agreement of the Company, who reserve the right to make a cancellation or administrative charge. If you have already received the goods: a) you can only exercise this right to cancel your order if the goods are still in a re-saleable condition & you have retained the packaging. b) you must return the goods to us at your own cost to the address in clause 1 of these conditions (unless we are at fault, in which case we will arrange collection) c) you must take care to ensure the goods are not damaged in the meantime & d) if you do not return the goods as required, we may charge you the costs of recovering them ourselves.
- Cancellation: All monies paid form part of a contract of sale & are non-refundable. Orders will be considered cancelled upon notice from the customer, or failure to take delivery of the goods within a period of 30 days from when the Company notifies the Customer that the goods are ready for despatch. If for any reason the Customer fails, or refuses to take delivery, the Customer will be in breach of contract. The Company may sell or otherwise dispose of the goods without prejudice to the Company’s right to legal redress for loss suffered in consequence of the customer’s failure to take delivery of the goods.
- Storage: Goods paid for in full, or part paid, may be stored at the Company’s discretion by prior arrangement. Storage charges will accrue at a rate of 1% of the invoice value per month following the date after which the customer failed to arrange collection or refused to accept delivery. This amount will be payable before and subsequent collection / delivery. 13- Delivery: Delivery encompasses the mode of transport of the goods or machine(s) to the Customer’s address. If offloading has been expressly included in writing within the terms of the delivery, the machine(s) remain(s) the haulier’s responsibility until they have been offloaded from the vehicle to the ground. Whilst contracted drivers may assist with manoeuvring machinery into a Customer’s workshop, once the machine has been removed from the vehicle, responsibility passes to the Customer as regards logistics & for the purposes of liability. If our engineers are to commission or install machinery, unless expressly stated in writing on the Customer’s acknowledgement of order or invoice and notwithstanding any assistance / advice that Calderbrook Woodworking Machinery Ltd’s engineers may provide, the customer is responsible for any moving into place & siting of the machinery. In any instance that Calderbrook Woodworking Machinery Ltd are responsible for moving at or into a Customer’s site, the relevant risk assessment documentation will be provided.
- New Machinery will come with a 12 month parts warranty this is based on single shift usage of 8 Hours per Days 5 Days per week per year. Warranty will only be valid if regular maintenance and servicing have been carried out to the manufacturers recommendations and can be proven. Adequate services such as dust extraction and power are provided as specified by the manufacturer.The machine is only used as intended by the manufacturer.
- Second Hand Machines / Used: May not comply with the Health & safety at Work Act 1974 or any other Act or Acts or Regulations there under governing the use of that plant machine or equipment in a working environment. The Customer must ensure prior to use that any such piece of plant, machine or equipment does not contravene any such relevant Act or Regulation. In the case of exported machines, it is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that local Acts & regulations are complied with.
- Special Terms: Any machine sold in “existing condition” or “as seen” or “Run Up” will be supplied without any guarantee as to function, condition or fitness for the purpose either expressed or implied. The Customer shall carry out a risk assessment to ensure that the machine is safe and without risk to health & safety & this undertaking shall have the effect of relieving the Company of any liability thereto.
- Any machine price either quoted or invoices that is reliant on currency exchange rates can be subject to change. This will be inline with RBS corporate currency exchange rates.
- Calderbrook Woodworking Machinery will not be responsible for any delays or extra charges due to BREXIT.
- Calderbrook Woodworking Machinery LTD will not be responsible and will not be liable for any damage or loss due to any shortcoming in the fulfillment of its obligations. if the shortcoming is connected to COVID-19 related circumstances.Exceeding the delivery time and /or execution period does not in any way entitle the client to terminate the agreement.
By accessing the website at https://woodworkmachinery.co.uk, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Calderbrook’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Calderbrook’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Calderbrook at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Calderbrook’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. Calderbrook makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Calderbrook does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Calderbrook or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Calderbrook’s website, even if Calderbrook or a Calderbrook authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Calderbrook’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Calderbrook does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Calderbrook may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Calderbrook does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Calderbrook has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Calderbrook of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Calderbrook may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of uk and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Your privacy is important to us.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
Calderbrook Woodworking Machinery LTD is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Calderbrook Woodworking Machinery LTD may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Calderbrook Woodworking Machinery LTD, Unit 7 Newline Industrial Estate, Bacup, Lancs,OL139RW.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.